We're less than a week away from IdeaWave, a conference that features 50 talks over 2 days, 10 minutes each. We're still actively looking for great ideas, so if you have one, this is your chance. I'm often askied about the process, so here it is:
- Submit your idea (200 words max, should take you less than 10 minutes to write
- It goes to our board of advisors, a diverse team who are looking for two things:
- How unique is the idea?
- How engaging is the idea?
- Basically, if the reviewer thinks, "I don't want to miss this talk!", they'll approve it. Once 4/5 reviewers approve a talk, you're notified via email.
- Your talk is then posted on the website.
- At the conference you will be allocated a 10 minute slot to present your idea, and you will be given a badge to attend the rest of the conference.
- All of the talks are recorded and later placed online, so you can show it to your friends, family and potential employers. A great self-marketing tool!
The submissions process is open until you see 50 speakers listed on the speaker's page. If your talk is accepted, you will receive a free pass to attend the entire week-end!
If you find yourself short of ideas, but don't want to miss this opportunity, there are still tickets available as of writing this for less than $100 for the entire week-end.
- Team Treehouse Library - Business
- How To Design Your Own Infographics | Queness
- (Java) Programming by Doing
- Project Free TV
- Watch Free Documentaries Online | Documentary Heaven
- Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
- BashGuide - Greg's Wiki
- Mobile security wiki
- Heading Out on Your Own: 31 Life Skills in 31 Days — Series Wrap-Up | The Art of Manliness
- Python Cheat Sheet.docx - Google Docs