I often consult one-on-one with entrepreneurs, but recently I had the opportunity to speak to a room full of leaders in non-profit and social enterprise. Discussion that evolved from my presentation led me to realize that non-profit leaders and entrepreneurs face many of the same issues; most notably they don't think with the attitude of a modern business. If the template you're using to map and predict the potential growth for your business is a traditional business plan, by the time you complete it, your opportunities have changed. Realizing the need to introduce new methods to the community, I've decided to launch a pilot class of Thinking and Succeeding as a Modern Business, using the business model canvas as a base. This limited pilot class will be $125 for the day, for what I expect to be a ~$500 class regularly, and which sells online for over $2,000.
This class is for you if you want to learn about the business model canvas and one of the following applies to you:
- You have an idea, and are ready to determine the viability of your idea as a business
- You're an entrepreneur with a business you want to take to the next level
- You're involved with a non-profit or social enterprise that is interested in funding opportunities other than grants; you want to be self sustaining
What you need to bring:
- A business idea you're willing to execute. It doesn't matter if the business exists yet or not.
- A pencil and paper.
What will be provided:
- Coffee/tea in the morning
- Lunch (let me know upon registering if you have any dietary restrictions!)
- Business Model Canvas template
- Feedback form
The class will start at 9a.m. on April 13th and is expected to finish around 3p.m, with morning and afternoon breaks, as well as lunch.
All classes will be limited to no more than 20 attendees, in order to keep it intimate enough to provide personalized Q&A. The forum will allow for participants to share as much or as little with other attendees about their specific idea; group discussion will be encouraged but not required as it is entirely possible to benefit from the business model canvas as a solo entrepreneur.
There will also be a virtual class that will start at 9a.m. on April 14th and is also expected to finish around 3p.m.
For those attending the Victoria class, the venue has graciously been provided by