I’m fortunate to know some really amazing DJs that live here in Victoria, BC.
To name a few:
- Neil of Gulf (Saltspring) Island Breweries fame
- David P (most recently of Cover Me Canada fame as a guitarist for Georgia Murray)
- Manj of MicroBongo Sound System fame
- Mike S of Beatboard fame
I’ve now seen them all play, as well as had the opportunity to try some of their equipment, and even been given some impromptu lessons. Enough of a teaser that makes me want to actually give it a whirl. As such, I have a goal in 2012 of DJing in front of a +500 person crowd. Why such a large crowd? The thought and pressure frightens me, and I find when you challenge yourself in such a way, exciting new and not-yet-thought-of rewards and opportunities arise.
This page will be used for the planning process. I’m thinking right now it would be great to make this a bigger event, where each of the people mentioned above would participate as well.
Nov 28, 2011:
- Page Created
- David P agreed to help make this happen.
- Team Treehouse Library - Business
- How To Design Your Own Infographics | Queness
- (Java) Programming by Doing
- Project Free TV
- Watch Free Documentaries Online | Documentary Heaven
- Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
- BashGuide - Greg's Wiki
- Mobile security wiki
- Heading Out on Your Own: 31 Life Skills in 31 Days — Series Wrap-Up | The Art of Manliness
- Python Cheat Sheet.docx - Google Docs