I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug my Kenwood D7-AG amateur radio. There are currently 3 issues:
1) The radio works fine running off the battery, but as soon as I plug in the Wall wart/transformer, or the 12v cigarette lighter adapter, the power goes off on the radio. It should stay on, and be charging when I plug either of these in.
2) Sometimes, the transceiver just starts rebooting on and off. Holding down the off button doesn't help, I have to unplug the battery. I'm assuming this is when the battery level is low, but haven't verified.
3) I took the radio apart to take a look, and noticed a ribbon became unconnected in the process. I tried to connect the ribbon before resealing the case — it seems to have worked, however I don't hear any audio anymore from the internal speakers, even when I turn the squelch off. (although I do get the APRS connection "beep" which is perhaps from a different speaker?)
It's worth noting that with all of this, when the battery is in and working normally, APRS works fine.
- Team Treehouse Library - Business
- How To Design Your Own Infographics | Queness
- (Java) Programming by Doing
- Project Free TV
- Watch Free Documentaries Online | Documentary Heaven
- Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide
- BashGuide - Greg's Wiki
- Mobile security wiki
- Heading Out on Your Own: 31 Life Skills in 31 Days — Series Wrap-Up | The Art of Manliness
- Python Cheat Sheet.docx - Google Docs